First Viewpoint

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lord, thank you for all I have and for all I don't, for all I am and for all I am not. You are the creator and you are the decision-maker. Thank you for granting me freedom, intelligence, health, food, love and wisdom.

Here is a fabulous Persian poem:

Lord, neither are you a cruel tyrant for me to complain,
nor have I got any right to demand you to prosper me.
You are the all mighty who manages everything, please take care of us,
Help this creation of yours to find himself and succeed.

And some quotations:

If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. ~Meister Eckhart


For hearts that are kindly, with virtue and peace, and not seeking blindly a hoard to increase; for those who are grieving o'er life's sordid plan; for souls still believing in heaven and man; for homes that are lowly with love at the board; for things that are holy, I thank thee, O Lord! ~Walt Mason

Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home