First Viewpoint

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Healthy home-made donuts

I craved for donuts late night, and here is the result: some home-made healthy donuts. I just fried them instead of deep frying.



As usual I got the recipe by searching the Internet and browsing a number of websites to choose what would makes sense, while consulting an old thick cooking book I have. It is sort of intuitive.
I mostly followed the portions from this website.
  • 1 tablespoons shortening
  • 1/5 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/5 cup milk
  • A bit of grated nutmeg
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • Some melted chocolate
Just mixed shortening (Canola oil), sugar, and the beaten egg. Then added nutmeg, salt, flour and baking powder. Add milk little by little, since you want a dough stiff enough to be rolled. Either roll out the dough or take a ball of dough and simply flatten it and make hole into it to form a roll. Fry in hot oil till slightly brown, with the lid on. I just put some chocolate chips on top at the end and it melts itself.

Delicious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home